Sunday, February 8, 2015

12-Week Get Healthy Challenge- Week 6

Wow! We are half-way into the 12 week Get Healthy Challenge! How are you going? I now have heaps of plants in my Plant Nanny garden, which means that I have kept up with my water goals over the past 5 weeks. Last week's goal was to include more wholegrains into my diet, and I think that I could still improve on this a little bit more at times, but overall, I think that I am meeting all of my micro-goals.

This week's challenge is to try a new vegetable, or try using an existing vegetable in a new way. Eating a wide range of fruits and vegetables is a great way to provide your body with a wide range of vitamins and minerals, and having flexibility with vegetables is a great way to keep your diet more interesting.



So how do I plan on completing this week's challenge?

There are a couple of options.

My first tip is that if you are going to try to use a vegetable in a new way, use a vegetable that you already have at home. This will save you money and help prevent you from letting a vegetable go to waste. For example, I have some broccoli in my fridge, so I might try to find a new, interesting way of using this.

The second strategy that I have is to do my research. There is no point in buying a vegetable that you have never cooked with before and then letting it go to waste in your fridge because you don't know what to do with it, or you don't have the right complimentary ingredients for it. Therefore, pick a recipe or two before you go out and get a new vegetable.

Let me know how you go with this challenge on facebook and share pictures of your great vegetable creations with me!

Good Luck x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...