Friday, December 19, 2014

Lentil Bolognaise with Zuchinni Noodles


So much has happened in the last few days!! All of our stuff got picked up today and in one week's time we will be beginning on our journey to live up in Auckland. Eek!

I also managed to get food poisoning or some kind of tummy bug, so have been feeling absolutely awful the last couple of days. Five days on and I still have almost zero interest in food. I am still really looking forward to Christmas and preparing to do all of my christmas baking this weekend. I found the best recipe for caramello biscuit fudge that will definitely get made, but I'm still yet to decide what else I will make. I do have a truffle recipe in mind that if it works out I will try and post before christmas.

Today's recipe I made a few weeks back, but thought that it would make a great, lighter meal during this hectic christmas period that often involves waaaaaaaay too much food. I made the zuchinni noodles using my spiralizer which is great! I just bought a cheap, plastic one that you twist by hand, but it works really well. If you don't want to go out and buy yet another gadget for your kitchen, you can still make zuchinni noodles using a wide-blade potato peeler and run it down the length of the zuchinni.

Ingredients
1 onion
1 tin brown lentils, drained and rinsed
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper, to taste
3 large zuchinni

Peel the onion, then cut in half and slice thinly. In a large frypan, over a medium heat, sauté the onions until soft and clear. Add the lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let simmer for around 15 minutes or until the sauce is to your desired consistency.

Using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler make noodles out of the zuchinni. Add to the tomato mix and let cook for 2-3 minutes.

Remove from the heat. Great served with parmesan



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...